30/11/2017 - 01/12/2017
DNA Methylation: Design to Discovery
Price: 33.6134 EUR pro Platz (VAT excl.)
Available seats: 15
This course aims to convey basic knowledge on the bioinformatic processing of DNA methylation data. Following the outline of a standard experiment we discuss qualities of various assays and when they are beneficial. We will prepare raw sequence reads for alignment, methylation calls and identification of differentially methylated sites or regions. Throughout, we consider how experimental settings interact and influence the results and how quality control can be used to understand generated data and might improve on subsequent experiments. The second half will focus on how to evaluate the data and connect it to public resources to further understanding of the results. Presentations will be interleaved with practical sessions.
- Understand the bioinformatic processing of DNA methylation
- Preparation and description of raw read files.
- Basic generation of methylation calls and differentially methylated regions
- How to evaluate DNA methylation data
The course requires basic computer skills:
- installation of programs
- office package with focus on spread-sheets